The Irish Asphalt Producers Association
Our mission is to serve as the voice of the Asphalt Paving Industry in Ireland and to ensure that the use of asphalt, as the optimum choice for the construction and maintenance of the Irish road infrastructure, is fully appreciated, promoted and implemented.
The purpose of the Association is to provide a comprehensive and coherent representation on behalf of its members and to serve as a contact point for state and public bodies. Our aim is to create a sound evidence base for promoting the economic, technical and environmental benefits of asphalt paving in road construction and maintenance.
- to promote, within Ireland, the legitimate joint interests of all its Members and Associate Members concerned with the production of asphalt or the construction or maintenance of roads, and in particular to promote the effective and sustainable use of asphalt in the construction and maintenance of roads in Europe.
- to collect and facilitate the exchange of information, know-how and best practice between its members and similar international associations.
- to promote knowledge and understanding by all stakeholdersof the activities of its members and their important position in the Irish economy.
- to represent its members with the institutions of Ireland and the European Union, in particular the areas of enterprise policy, transport policy and policy related to health, safety and environment.
- to promote the image of the asphalt paving industryin Ireland.
- toinnovate measures and best practice to improve the health, safety and environmental conditions of all employed in the industry, and to actively cooperate with regulatory bodies in setting appropriate operating standards.
- to participate in European standardisation activity and to be a leading authority on asphalt technology, in particular promoting new developments such as warm mix paving and encouraging higher levels of asphalt recycling.
Ireland has over 11 thousand km of roadways
95% are asphalt surfaced
1.9 Million tonnes per year
The Irish road is the back bone of Ireland’s transport infrastructure. Ireland relies heavily on its road network to ensure commerce and communities maintained and serviced. The construction of new roadways and maintenance of existing roadways requires a continuous and reliable supply of large quantities of asphalt paving. Asphalt is a highly recyclable material, thus the implementation of asphalt recycling is an important part of meeting this demand. The asphalt producers of Ireland play an important role in ensuring the national transport infrastructure is maintained and improved.